Are you a passionate promoter of the future workplace and the next generation of human resources? Do you have research, expertise, or experience to share with our audience of HR and business leaders who want to build more human workplaces? We invite you to apply to be a breakout session speaker at WorkHuman 2019.
Our attendance has grown 500 percent in size since the inaugural event in 2015 – and we’re expecting that number to grow even more in 2019 – so there’s a lot of opportunity for you to build and nurture your network.
WorkHuman speakers have the opportunity to connect with top leaders in the industry at the only conference of its kind. You’ll join the ranks of well-respected past speakers such as Salma Hayek Pinault, Amal Clooney, Brené Brown, Simon Sinek, Ashley Judd, Ronan Farrow, Tarana Burke, Dr. David Rock, Michelle Obama, Susan Cain, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Shawn Achor, Arianna Huffington, Michael J. Fox, and Adam Grant.
The proposal deadline is May 31, 2018. All submissions will receive a reply by Sept. 30, 2018, to confirm if your session has been accepted, is in consideration, or has been declined.
Globoforce will cover up to three nights’ hotel stay (room and tax only) and will provide each confirmed speaker with a complimentary pass to attend WorkHuman 2019 sessions, meals, and special events. Speakers are expected to stay for the duration of the conference and to interact with the audience both inside and outside their session. All other travel and onsite expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
CONFERENCE DATES: March 18-21, 2019
LOCATION: Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
The ideal WorkHuman speaker is:
- Familiar with available research on the value of gratitude, appreciation, and recognition in the workplace.
- Experienced, engaging, and comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Passionate about sharing expertise and primary research on topics in HR, leadership, positive psychology, and building a best place to work.
- Able to add to our WorkHuman knowledge in the broader topics of well-being, connection, purpose, and communication at work.
- Willing to partner with Globoforce and the WorkHuman team to deliver the best possible content experience and relevance for our audience.
- Available to attend the entire event and engage with attendees.
- Committed to sharing WorkHuman with your social networks.
- Interested in partnering with Globoforce and staying connected to the WorkHuman community beyond the conference itself.
- Available onsite for a 10-minute video or WorkHuman Radio interview (for potential usage in future WorkHuman video content materials and event wrap-up video).
WORKHUMAN 2019: CALL FOR SPEAKERS
- If you are a PR or speaker’s agency submitting on behalf of your client, please confirm that you have checked their availability to speak at the conference if accepted.
- Speakers agree up front that, if selected, they agree to being photographed and filmed at the conference, and/or having their content repurposed by Globoforce for content sharing and/or promotional purposes.
- Speakers agree to provide Globoforce with a complete copy of draft slides one full month prior to the event date.
- Speakers agree to participate in a session planning conference call in February/March.
- Speakers will be given a WorkHuman powerpoint slide template to use for their presentation.
- Speakers agree to abide by slide edits recommended by Globoforce to ensure professional appearance of all slides presented at event.
- Speakers agree to arrive in Nashville in time to do a run through of their presentation and sound/tech check prior to their session and to accept feedback and coaching from event organizers with regard to recommended improvements.
- Speakers commit to actively promote WorkHuman via social media in advance of the event.
- Speakers agree that the WorkHuman event is NOT an opportunity to use the stage platform to overtly sell your books, services, etc. Slides that indicate such selling tactics will be removed from the presentation deck.
- Session to be filmed by Globoforce (clips may be used in event recap video and future event materials and/or promotions. Session may also be streamed live)
- On-site availability for 10-minute video interview (for potential usage in future WorkHuman video content materials and event wrap-up video)
- Speaker gives Globoforce permission to promote participation in WorkHuman as a speaker via online, print, and social channels, as well as press releases about the event.