by Lynette Silva
Recognize This! – A powerful employee experience at work is built on everyday practices of gratitude, appreciation and thanksgiving.
What’s the employee experience like in your organization? How would you describe it (briefly) to others?
After experiencing our latest GloboThanksgiving (where we gather as a team in both our HQ offices in the US and Ireland), I’d have to describe our employee experience at Globoforce as “GloboThanksgiving every day of the year!”
Two things every employee experiences at Globoforce, without question:
- Gratitude and continual expressions of thanks, appreciation and recognition of contributions, help given, and work well done.
- Food – lots of food. Sure, food is important as fuel to energize the great work we do. But we also realize food is a powerful way to draw people together informally, to pause in the midst of busy days, to share life, to build closer relationships with colleagues who are much more than co-workers.
Is a holiday office celebration the best way to understand the employee experience in your organization? Perhaps not. But how else do you measure the employee experience?
Our holiday gift to you – for the first time, an index to measure employee experience derived from a global survey of more than 23,000 employees in 45 countries and territories across all job functions for a 5-dimension, 10-item index measuring how employees experience work:
- Belonging – feeling part of a team, group or organization
- Purpose – understanding why one’s work matters
- Achievement – a sense of accomplishment in the work that is done
- Happiness – the pleasant feeling arising in and around work
- Vigor – the presence of energy, enthusiasm and excitement at work
If those are the factors defining an employee experience, how can you influence it? First and most importantly, employees are humans with all the complexity that brings. Through the survey, we identified key human workplace practices that drive a more positive employee experience.
This holiday season, give your employees the gift of a powerful, positive, appreciative employee experience.