Globoforce Helps JetBlue Soar with Social Recognition Solution
September 18, 2012 | Globoforce Press Release
SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass., and DUBLIN, Ireland – September 18, 2012 – Globoforce
®, the world's leading provider of social recognition solutions, today announced JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) has implemented Globoforce’s social recognition software. Globoforce powers the “Lift” crewmember recognition program that allows the award winning airline to engage and motivate employees (crewmembers) throughout the America's and scale its unique people-first culture following rapid international growth.
JetBlue sought a recognition solution that would unite its 14,500 crewmembers on a single employee recognition platform. More importantly, the brand was looking for an innovative way to encourage and recognize the behaviors that best exemplify JetBlue’s five core values – safety, caring, integrity, fun, and passion – every day. The company deployed Globoforce’s social recognition solution to reveal the true influence of each crewmember through crowdsourced, peer-to-peer recognition.
“Living our values to drive our culture of service is what sets us apart from other brands. Our customers are loyal to JetBlue because of our unique travel experience,” said Joanna Geraghty, chief people officer, JetBlue. “Our crewmembers influence our culture most of all. This social recognition program with Globoforce enables us to positively reinforce the very behaviors and contributions that make JetBlue’s unique culture a measurable and valuable business asset.”
Through its partnership with Globoforce, JetBlue has been able to:
- Improve Employee Satisfaction – Within three months of embarking on the Lift crewmember recognition platform, an internal monthly JetBlue survey revealed an 88 percent increase in crewmember satisfaction with rewards and recognition associated with positive behaviors.
- Identify Top Influencers – With Globoforce, JetBlue has access to peer-driven data that reveals who the top influencers are onboard JetBlue’s aircraft, in its airports, and support centers throughout the America’s and Caribbean. Based on the wisdom of the crowd, the company is able to visualize the connections across the international organization.
- Correlate Culture to Business Results – At JetBlue, crewmembers have the most influence on the culture of service. With Globoforce’s social recognition platform, JetBlue can recognize and reinforce the behaviors that result in a great customer experience for customers.
- Reach a Mobile Workforce – Globoforce’s social recognition platform enables easy program accessibility for JetBlue’s highly mobile crew in all the countries where JetBlue operates.
- Improve the Rewards Experience for Crewmembers – By replacing the traditional merchandise-only approach to recognition, Globoforce gives JetBlue crewmembers millions of reward options, including gift cards, merchandise, online charitable options and much more.
“The power of a simple thank you is often overlooked. When you connect that thank you to specific values, allow peers to recognize each other, and analyze how people are influencing one another, you begin to get a sense for the power of social recognition,” said Eric Mosley, CEO, Globoforce. “This is social recognition done right – its enabling HR leaders to drive business results in a way that was never before possible.”