Product upgrades support continued performance development and positive community experiences and rewards
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., DUBLIN and LAS VEGAS – September 12, 2018 – Globoforce®
, a leading provider of human applications, today announced enhancements to Conversations®
, its continuous performance development solution, and Life Events
™, a solution that creates an easy way for colleagues to connect by celebrating each other’s most meaningful personal milestones such as marriages, babies, or graduations.
Conversations and Life Events are part of WorkHuman®
Cloud, a product suite that enables a shared, social experience at work creating a more connected culture and community at work. WorkHuman Cloud also includes Social Recognition®
, the company’s market-leading employee recognition and rewards solution; Service Milestones™ to mark employee anniversaries, promotions, or retirement; and Community Celebrations™ to memorialize group experiences, including team outings and charity events.
“Our products and innovations are constantly evolving to meet the needs of the changing workforce,” said Grant Beckett, vice president of product strategy at Globoforce. “We are continually bolstering our solutions to help some of the most forward-thinking organizations foster a more positive, connected, and inclusive culture. By tapping into what motivates humans to do our best work—feeling valued and a greater sense of belonging - people and teams can perform to their highest potential.”
Conversations is designed to support the growth and development of employees with a dashboard that brings together check-ins, continuous feedback, and priorities with recognition moments. New features include:
- Nudges to encourage more frequent check-ins and feedback – Informally remind employees and managers when they have missed a check-in as well as when an employee has not requested feedback over a certain period.
- Outlook® and Slack® Integration for ease of use – Perform key actions through Outlook or Slack, including check-ins and feedback.
- Priorities Tied to Feedback, Recognition, and Company Goals – Request feedback from colleagues on short-term and long-term priorities and company goals and provide recognition to others based on the priorities.
- Immersive Actions with Dynamic Guidance/Micro Learning – Help employees and managers understand the right types of questions to ask and discuss during the check-in as well as guidance for how to request feedback and create a priority.
Enhancements to Life Events, include:
- A comprehensive view of all newsfeed comments from colleagues.
- A media gallery editable by recipient, manager, or creator to increase interactivity for colleagues in an employees’ work circle, who are invited to congratulate and can include media in the message.
- Awards categories or moments now customizable by each client (e.g., new baby, new union, retirement, promotion, new hire).
Globoforce also announced upgrades to its Globostore™, including an enhanced e-commerce experience and a fully responsive design to help organizations reward employees with culturally-appropriate merchandise, gift cards, and experiences.
HR Analyst Commentary:
“In an increasingly automated world, connections between employees in an organization have never been more important,” said Stacia Garr, co-founder and principal analyst, RedThread Research. "While HR has been using technology to gather data and fulfill administrative tasks for a while, very few organizations are using technology to establish and strengthen positive connections between employees. By providing organizations a platform to create authentic human connections across teams to motivate and inspire employees, technologies such as Globoforce’s WorkHuman Cloud are driving the shift away from mere data collection toward establishing human connections.”
“The last few years have seen a tremendous shift in the way people work, and our approach to performance development needs to change with it,” said Cliff Stevenson, principal analyst, talent management and workforce, Brandon Hall group. “Solutions like Globoforce’s Conversations platform can harness the power of real-time feedback from managers and peers alike and help build a culture of teamwork, infused with positivity, transparency, and trust, which is essential to keeping the contemporary employee motivated and fulfilled.”
“Research has shown that meaningful feedback and recognition have an observable impact on an employee’s personal and professional growth,” said Madeline Laurano, partner, Aptitude Research. “By encouraging open and frequent communication between managers and employees, as well as between colleagues, employees will feel valued and motivated to do their best work, creating a more positive, open workplace.”
For additional information about Globoforce
, Conversations, Life Events
, or other WorkHuman Cloud products, please visit https://www.workhuman.com/products/
or call 888.743.6723.
Pioneer of the WorkHuman movement, Globoforce makes work more human for millions of people and organizations worldwide. Today, Globoforce is the leading provider of human applications, including its award-winning Social Recognition solution. Through its WorkHuman Cloud suite of products, companies can strengthen employee performance and the connection between people and teams on a more positive, emotional level – in tune with how work gets done today. Founded in 1999, the company is headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
To learn more:
# # #
Senior Manager, Public Relations