Product Documentation for:
Special Edition of Conversations
This guide defines the product features available in Workhuman’s Special Edition of the Conversations Platform.
Effective: March 2020
For clients to deploy Conversations, Workhuman’s Recognition platform must also be deployed.
Branding, Website & Emails
The recognition brand deployed carries forward to Conversations. Specific branding elements on display in Conversations include:
- Award Names
- Award Reasons and colors
- Program logo
Standard, non-configurable, site and email text is provided in Workhuman-supported languages1
The Conversation Dashboard page is accessed via a user’s recognition site home page or direct link for participating employees. The elements displayed correspond to only those that the user participates in. All Conversations elements are accessed from the Dashboard, including:
- Feedback: A listing of all received, requested, and responded to, most recent on top, and access to details of each
- Check-ins: A listing of all personal check-ins, most recent on top, and access to details of each
- Priorities: A listing of all active and closed, most recent of each atop each list, and access to details of each
- My Recognition: A listing of recent strategic recognition received, and access to details of each
- All managers are presented with a graphical Timeline of their direct reports’ Conversations activity.
- For each direct report icons representing Feedback, Check-ins, Priorities, and recognition are presented along a six-month time line.
Feedback is a key source of learning and development for employees and managers.
- Employees can request feedback from colleagues.
- Colleagues can provide unprompted, in-the-moment feedback.
- Employees can share feedback they have received with their managers.
- Email communications ensure employees and managers are up to date as to requests for feedback and when feedback has been received.
- Recognition alternative: a giver of Feedback can instead create a Recognition nomination.
- Feedback Guidance is provided to givers and requestors of Feedback to assist in creating Feedback items.
- Documents can be attached to Feedback entries
- Priorities can be tagged to Feedback
Check-ins are a way to lightly document a conversation, a one on one, or a development session between an employee and their manager.
- Check-ins can occur between any active participants, including multiple people in a single Check-in.
- Check-ins are visible on the dashboard of all participants
- Participants can add comments to Check-ins and notifications to all participants are sent when comments are added
- Check-ins can be grouped by Type. The Types included are:
- Manager/Employee 1:1
- Team Connect
- Peer Connect
- Performance Review
- Up to 10 attachments can be added to each Check-in
- Check-ins can be edited by the creator of the Check-in
- Check-in Guidance is available for creators of Check-ins.
- Employees and managers are sent email “nudges” every 7 days when overdue Check-ins are missed
A Priority is a task or a goal between a manager and an employee. It is a light documentation of objectives the employee and manager have set for the employee.
- Employees and their managers can create and edit priorities
- Priorities can be marked as completed and/or reopened
- Priorities can be grouped by Type. The Types included are:
- Delivering Our Strategic Goals
- Up to 10 attachments can be added to each Priority
- Priorities have 2 privacy settings:
- Private – visible just to the employee and their manager
- Public – Visible and available to tag to a nomination during the nomination process in the Recognition platform.
- Priorities Guidance is available for creators of Priorities.
- Priorities can be tagged to recognition during the nomination process
- Priorities can be tagged to Feedback
- Employees are notified via email when their manager creates a priority for them
Conversations via Mobile
Conversations is available via the Workhuman native apps for Android and Apple devices.
Specific functionality available includes:
- Feedback: Employees can give and request; and view Feedback received. Feedback can be tagged to Priorities.
- Check-ins: Employees can create, edit (content, not dates), and view. Check-in Types are included
- Priorities: Employees can create, edit, view, and complete. Priority Types are included.
- Managers: view-only access to Direct Reports’ Conversations items. This includes the ability to view each person on their team’s Feedback, Priorities, and Check-ins.
Through an Outlook Add-in:
- Check-ins: employees and managers can perform Conversations actions directly from Outlook.
- Email received can be classified as Feedback
Requires Exchange 2013 or 2017 or later.
Through a Slack Add-in, integration between Slack and Conversations is available. Slack entries can be used to create Feedback, Check-ins, and Priorities. Supports Standard, Plus, and Enterprise Grid versions of Slack.
The Crowdsourced Performance Report provides details of an employee’s Conversations activity including details of check ins and feedback. The report can be accessed by managers and employees via the Conversation platform as well as by managers for each direct report via My Team/Individual View in the Recognition platform.
The Special Edition of Conversations is provided completely pre-configured. Any requests for alternative configurations may affect cost and time to deploy the program.
1Workhuman Supported Languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (default program language), Finnish, French, French-Canadian, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin-American Spanish, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, UK English, Vietnamese. Arabic and Hebrew Beta versions available.